• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gapertimmy

Green Lakes Plabfest?

damn straight

So, it's on!!

Fri eve in, Sat ski, either Sat eve or Sunday morning/mid-day out...

What's the final list look like?

Timmay

Becky

2 puppies

Cletus

Schralper

Nonanon + 1

b-rock

cj?

Iain?

others?

I guess it don't much matter...

We'll be up somewhere a bit above Green Lakes.

Timmay you know, of course, and will have his lady and their puppies with them. I am 6'3", have big muscles, long blond hair (down to my sculpted ass), and answer to the name Fabio.

See you out there!

worried about temps Jeffy?

no, not as long as it's freezing overnight and you're willing get up butt early in the morning! laugh.gif

Edited by Cletus

I'll be rolling in from to Green lakes with B-rock and Funguy on Sat night. Heading in from Pole Creek so it could take us awhile. Hope you guys are bringing lots of beer! wazzup.gif

Cletus said:

I am 6'3", have big muscles, long blond hair (down to my sculpted ass), and answer to the name Fabio.

yelrotflmao.gif

Whoops...just had one half of the car shuttle bail. Any chance one of you kind folk could give Funguy and I a ride back to Pole Creek on Sunday? frown.gif

unfortunately I have an appointment at Steelhead Falls near Terrebonne on Sunday am, but I might be running into the Sisters via Pole Creek for the day on Sat and see what happens. I will feel the plabness emanating from the lake basin to the south.

iain said:

unfortunately I have an appointment at Steelhead Falls near Terrebonne on Sunday am, but I might be running into the Sisters via Pole Creek for the day on Sat and see what happens. I will feel the plabness emanating from the lake basin to the south.

is that the mountain rescue cert thingy? i'm going to summon all the snaffles in the green lks basin to attack your ass on your ascent from pole creek.

this many cc.gapers in the 3 sisters, i dont' know if dem dar hills can handle it.

PLAB PLAB PLAB PLAB UBERPLAB

smiffy climbing

sisters slogging

supurb corn skiing

scrumptious scrambled eggs scarfing

Good shizzy man, thanks for the good weekend.

Your little Sierradawg is psychotic, and Halle B. is hot hot hot!

Yeah, who wudda thunk that halle berry likes to corn ski. Man, and when I asked her to flash her tits, and she did, wow.

I'll have my pics tomorrow!

Halle Berre on skis in bikini...mmm....

I like Charlize too...she's #1, I think...

but I digress

We came, we saw, we summited, we skied slushiez. We bivied by the first lake Friday and Saturday nights. Beauty spot but where was the fest?

Well our goal was to start at Pole Creek and do the "Sisters Marathon" and end up at Green Lakes to hook up with you guys. That might have been a little optimistic!

We left the Pole Creek at 4am and headed for North Sister. It took us a lot longer than expected as we flailed around in the choss and screwed up the approach to the traverse a bit. We got back on track and did the traverse and the bowling alley and they went pretty well.

sm_003.jpg

There was Minimal rock fall and the "bowling Alley" had nice steep ice section with a fun rock move thrown in.

sm_001.jpg

Summited North at 1pm. It was 2:30 by the time we got back down. At this point we were totally out of water and there was no running water in sight. We survived by packing snow in our water bottles and letting the sun melt them on the back of our packs. It actually worked quite well due to the fact that it was FREAKING hot!

We headed over to Middle and slogged up, reaching the summit at 5:15pm.

sm_005.jpg

We screwed up the ski down and skied the South face. We should have kept going to the SW Ridge because there was more snow cover and better conditions.

sm_006.jpg

After traversing we skied a nice shot on the lower SW down to Chambers lakes. At this point it was 7pm. We were so exhausted and dehydrated that there was no way we were going to go to Green lakes. Since we weren't sure how long folks would stick around on Sunday and we didn't have a car at Devil's Lake we decided to head back out to Pole Creek. If we had had the shuttle thing figured out it would have been a piece of cake to head up the North Ridge or the Prouty on South Sister and ski back down the other side but that will have to wait for another trip.

As Meatloaf would say 2 out of 3 ain't bad. All in all great weekend in the hills. The Sisters is like the Disneyland of ski mountaineering right now. Coverage and conditions are awesome! Get out there and do it! hahaha.gif

Oooops...I'm meant the SE Ridge off of Middle Sister not SW. It's the one in Oregon Descents. To late to edit the post.

Sorry for the confusion!