BD Express Screw Warranty Report

About a month ago, I inquired whether anyone had advice on possibly repairing a BD Express (I had one that, earlier in the winter, lost the retaining washer which holds the knurled collar onto the "express" spindle). Must be a rare problem, since no one else reported a similar experience.

Anyway, I contacted Black Diamond Warranty Dept to see if they might be able to furnish me with a replacement retaining washer. The fellow said to just ship the whole thing back, with a brief written description of what happened, and he would replace it.

Just recently received a package from BD--brand new 16 cm Express screw inside. Not sure if they are good about all warranty issues, but they certainly took care of this one.

This has been my only experience with the BD Warranty people, but I must say, they stood behind their product. Hell, I would have been happy if they had just sent out a replacement retaining washer, much less a brand new screw. thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Count it among one your good experiences with equipment manufacturers, and climb on! Nice job, BD thumbs_up.gif

I once was climbing with one of their new (at the time) "fin" biners, and took a whipper and shattered the thing. Sent it in for inspection, and they replaced it with two new biners (not the fin style). I was happy enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a 17cm express screw hanger slide off the screw this winter. Last week I finally got around to sending it into BD, and today I got a new 16cm turbo express screw in the mail.

Sucks that the hanger came off in the first place, but thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif for BD warranty department.