words regarding spring

glacier

For your consideration: Pulled out a favorite essay I read each year about this time, which continues to be relevant with each review. It concludes, in part, with,

"At any rate, spring is here..., and they can't stop you enjoying it. This is a satisfying reflection. How many times have I stood... and thought of all the important persons who would stop me enjoying this is they could. But luckily they can't. So long as you are not actually ill, hungry, frightened, or immured in a prison or a holiday camp, spring is still spring. The atom bombs are piling up in the factories, the police are prowling through the cities, the lies are streaming from the loudspeakers, but the earth is still going round the sun, and neither the dictators nor the bureaucrats, deeply as they disapprove of the process, are able to prevent it."

George Orwell (1946)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

glacier said:"At any rate, spring is here..., and they can't stop you enjoying it. This is a satisfying reflection. How many times have I stood... and thought of all the important persons who would stop me enjoying this is they could. But luckily they can't. So long as you are not actually ill, hungry, frightened, or immured in a prison or a holiday camp, spring is still spring. The atom bombs are piling up in the factories, the police are prowling through the cities, the lies are streaming from the loudspeakers, but the earth is still going round the sun, and neither the dictators nor the bureaucrats, deeply as they disapprove of the process, are able to prevent it."

George Orwell (1946)

Paranoid little booger.

Go spring! rockband.gif