Training

mtnrgr

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Tacoma and so far the closest decent trail running I have found is at Tiger Mt. Also Mt Si and Ganite Peak are good (Mt Si less good) My all time favorite is Cougar Mt. Access from SR 900 about 5 miles east of Renton.

Mowich lake trailhead on Rainier is about a 45 or so minute drive from Tacoma with ample hiking and trail running opportunities.

If you are looking for very close to Tacoma there is always Pt Defiance Park, although not very satifying if you are like me and crave elevation gain.

When I was still "in" I used to go to Granite and Mailbox a lot. Some of the trails and roads around Greenwater off of HWY 410 are good too since they are somewhat close to Lewis. You can't beat the Muir slog either. I remember a lot of the dudes going to Wally World try-outs used to go to these same places and it worked for them. If you're getting ready for Camp McCall I'd focus a lot on just toughening up the feet.