Warmlite tents

Sean_Halling

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a 3R tent that I bought last summer. It came late in the season and I've only used it a few times this winter. It is really big and very light. It looks like it will handle the wind and weather well and reviews, both from Climbing magazine and other owners I've run into are good. I've heard a number of stories about stephensons being the only tents to survive nasty storms on rainier. I'm still dealing with the condensation issue, but I think that's only a matter of tweaking and fiddling. everyone else will tell you bibler is the way to go, but I like the idea of more space for us tall folks and our gear for a lighter weight.

Curious to hear other folks thoughts.

We used a Warmlite tent on Denali in '87. I think they are great if you set it up correctly. The wind blast from an avalanche broke the center pole. At the time we left it set up half-ass while we were moving loads. Later in the climb we were forced to use it as a bivi bag and a windstorm (100+ gusts) riped a huge hole in it.

Set it up nice and in the right direction to the wind.