Canadian Rockies

Retrosaurus

I was in Banff/Canmore area 2/19 - 3/3 and climbed: SARs on Ice and Five Seven Zero in the David Thompson, King Creek Seepages in the Kananaskis ( borrowed some Charlet Moser Ergos from a Mountain Magic employee and experimented with leashless climbing), Moonlight in Evan Thomas Creek in the Kananaskis (the first 30 meters was very thin ), Expert's Choice - left side in Waterton (an amazing and beautiful piece of ice. We started up a freestanding column on the right side but turned tail and ran away to the left side when the column cracked and dropped 4 inches with my first tool placement. It was minus thirty that day.), Quick and Dirty in Waterton, Professor Falls in Banff (solo), Johnston Canyon (WI 5 cragging), Marion Falls in the Waiparous (North Ghost River area. We thought we were climbing The Ice Funnel WI 4 but were in the wrong drainage and actually climbed Marion Falls WI 5, the very climb that I had tried to sell the others on the night before. Everyone that climbs in the Ghost has a Ghost Story.), Polar Circus as a party of four, topped out before noon, Sport mixed climbing in Grotto Canyon and Haffner Creek where we ran into Kim Csizmazia who was doing major posing for some type of photo shoot, probably for the new Black Diamond leashless tool, The Fusion. She let us try them out; they swing more naturally than the Charlet Moser Ergo.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic