Mardi Gras Pub-Club

Dwayner

I don't go to many of these things but let's just say, this is the one event people are gonna be talkin about for years to come. I came relatively late, so I don't know what manner of shenanigans took place before I got there. There was a rumor that ring-master MattP had already been there but left for another party....a party that no doubt paled in comparison to the one he vacated.

The pube-clubbers had the basement of a strange little pub all to themselves. When I drove up, Uncle Tricky himself was standing outside the building as the official greeter, ready to laugh at folks parking on the hillside.

Down in the packed basement, the party was raging. Tell me if you've heard of these familiar names:

catbirdseat......Thinker.......treadtramp.....iceguy.......pullin' Fool....danielpatricksmith....henry kissinger.....enrique fermez jr......dr. J......flebflebflebflebflebflebflebfleb .....Allison....ehmmic, Chris W, ....Alpen Tom.....and many, many more fine and worthy folk. I brought some Mardi Gras beads which I distributed to three lovely ladies. I also gave away a bead necklace to one very ugly girl named Alpine K because he was looking left out....I'm sure he'll redistribute it in an effective manner (give it to a lonely housewife next time you make a housecall for a tree-removal! - just jokin', man! Gee whiz!) The celebrities kept coming and going. One in particular, Mr. Jim Nelson, was truly a special surprise. Miss Dryad was there and she was a lot of fun, as one might expect from someone named after a wood nymph. Icegirl did not appear. I asked the bartender upstairs if she was coming and he said "Shut your damn pie-hole...I don't know who the hell you're talking about." I went out front to ask Tricky to flag her down if she drives by, but it never happened. It was too late anyway...I had already given away my meager collection of beads. One great crowd of folks....each and everyone a cool cat!

I got a few sassy picks of the evening for those who weren't there:

Uncle Tricky was the official greeter out front. I told him to ditch the bear costume and just be his own, cool self!

tiki00.jpg

All our favorite cc.com gals were there....and then some.

sorority1.jpg

These two were caught red-handed planning their next sporty project at Vantage:

MARDI-GRAS.jpg

Trask brought a date!

jamesbare.JPG

I don't really want to know how they make this stuff but everyone was drinkin' it!

maitaiserving.jpg

Those who stuck around till after closing time crashed the neighbor's pool for a late-night dip.

SeptLesvos5-026.JPG

Henry Kissinger was there and autographed some books.

henry%20kissinger.jpg

Reinhold Messner showed up for about five minutes but he didn't like the beer and moved on.

Messnerk.jpg

No one left without kissing The Royal Baby.

482%20J.Judson%20Crossing%20the%20line%201957.JPG

- Dwayner.....calling it as he saw it. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Edited by Dwayner

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what that picture is don't you? In the Navy when new sailors cross the equator for the first time, there is a ceremony in which "King Neptune and his court" annoint the neophytes and welcome them to the ranks of experienced seamen. It is a tradition that goes back centuries.

catbirdseat said:

You know what that picture is don't you? In the Navy when new sailors cross the equator for the first time, there is a ceremony in which "King Neptune and his court" annoint the neophytes and welcome them to the ranks of experienced seamen. It is a tradition that goes back centuries.

Catbird, I don't know if you were replying to me, but I was talking about the third picture, of the two obviously, well, "man liking" fellas. smile.gif

I guess you are probably talking about the picture of the dude with the beergut, which I imagine no self-respecting thong-wearing gay party animal would be caught dead with. yelrotflmao.gif

I didn't want to post this picture but since someone asked....here it is, the "drunk in the corner":

drunk.jpg

And here is the drunk I found in my backyard this morning....

morningafter.jpg

I recognized her from the pub club so she must have been hiding in the back seat of my car. I gave her some coffee, let her watch some TV, and then I told her to get dressed and go home. "Here's some cab fare", I said. "You're lucky you happened to have picked Dwayner's car to pass out in....some of them other clowns at pub-club.....they would have probably wrote "kick me" on your back in lipstick, tied your shoelaces together and put your hand in a bucket of hot water. Now consider this a lesson and go home and get cleaned up." "Cabby...", I said, "take this young lady home and keep the extra $20 as a tip." "Thanks, Dwayner!" said the cab-driver and as he drove away, the young pub-club adult beverage abuser put her hand up to the window and gave a little wave. I could read her lips..."Thanks, Dwayner", she said. "No more pub-club until next week for you, Missy!" I yelled in response....I wonder if she heard me???

The Cabbie:

moham.jpg