Western Mountaineering Flight Jacket

Rainier_Wolfscastle

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Feathered Friends helios jacket that is about ten years old and I believe it may be roughly equivalent. I very rarely use it because it isn't warm enough and the shell is so fragile. The reason I carry a down coat is generally that I'm planning to hang out in cold weather, and I usually want to be able to just pull it on and go about my business without a thought of being cold. I do not wear it when active, but when I am at a rest stop or at camp, and the helios just isn't quite warm enough for that purpose. Also, I am afraid to sit back against a rock or walk past a bush or do anything else that might rip the shell of the lighter jacket. For my purposes, it is usually worth it to carry a heavier garment that is warmer and tougher.

mattp said:

I have a Feathered Friends helios jacket that is about ten years old and I believe it may be roughly equivalent. I very rarely use it because it isn't warm enough and the shell is so fragile. The reason I carry a down coat is generally that I'm planning to hang out in cold weather, and I usually want to be able to just pull it on and go about my business without a thought of being cold. I do not wear it when active, but when I am at a rest stop or at camp, and the helios just isn't quite warm enough for that purpose. Also, I am afraid to sit back against a rock or walk past a bush or do anything else that might rip the shell of the lighter jacket. For my purposes, it is usually worth it to carry a heavier garment that is warmer and tougher.

I fancy fur-

jeremiah.jpg