Old Nuts

Dru

tube snaf.gif

433853-tubechockedit.jpg

Tube chock (# 6 for reference)... I have 5 of these in various sizes. The good for alpine offwidths... leave big green at home. I have no idea how old these are but I would guess older than me. Some one needs to start making these again... Fern?

How did they get the cord to go through those holes? is there a knot inside the thing?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Nice pics but they are too shiny! I still have 80's era WC Rocks and Chouinard (you know b4 they became BD) curved stoppers. Got rid of my SMC Camlocks and Titons, well I always thought they sucked. The coolest thing I remember was a Clog nut. I think there is a company now that stole the design of those things and is marketing a similar nut today. Of course I also have some hexes and 80's era friends and some of those great sliders. I think the early sliders were made by the folks that started Metolius. I remember aiding on sliders in Zions and I learned why they call them sliders.....they also are a bitch to get out after weighting the damn things.

I forgot. the weirdest piece I used was a friends "I" beam chocks for wide cracks. 20 years ago there was shitty and I do mean shitty pro for wide cracks. These babys didnt work well either and were an anodized blue color. Wish I would have kept all of that old stuff.