Aid Climbing Practice Circuit

Kposaune

Hello!

I have been working on developing an aid practice circuit at Wayne’s World/Darkside at Exit 38 for those interested in working on bigwalling skills. I retrofitted three drytooling routes yesterday which we personally developed. The three routes go at C1 with a set of hooks. You could also get a little practice with cam hooks and thin cams in a few places but both of those are unnecessary. All three routes have clean falls and are slightly overhanging. I also added a bolt to the anchor 8 ft off the ground for sport route cleaning practice or bigwall anchor rope management practice/hauling setup/portaledge building (Swanson Pyramid of Greatness).

Highstepping For Jesus-C1 bolts with hooks. Cam hooks and a couple thin cams optional. A long enough route and overhanging enough to practice jugging ropes and cleaning. 
Dingleberries of Eden-C1 mandatory hook move between bolt 4-5.
Vader Built My Hotrod C1 hooks optional, couple pods accept cam hooks for practice. 

I am working on other routes with fixed gear/more interesting aid climbing, but you ought to be able to get up straightforward routes like Liberty Crack after some practice on these in an area with few visitors in the summer season. 

Kyle

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic