• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!

Hey there! 

I'm a 31 YO male living in the town of Mt. Shasta.  Looking for a mountaineering partner to explore more of Mt. Shasta's glacial and alpine offerings.  My goal is to climb all 14 routes (already have 2 down).  I already have another climber (another Mt. Shasta local, 32 YO male) competent in glacier travel/alpine climbing.  Looking to create at least a team of 3 for safety reasons.  

Former Marine, experienced thru-hiker, high level of experience in map and compass navigation, skier, and beginner glacier travel/alpine mountaineer.  Safety is paramount.  Proper trip planning is essential.  I have a 9mm 40m single dry rope, snow protection, slings/cordette, and use the partner pulley/tibloc/micro traxion Petzl system for crevasse ascent and setting up hauling.  Competent with munter-mule/prussiks/ and other essential mountaineering knots.  I of course have all non-technical gear as well including a 3-person four season tent.  For orienteering I use a map of Mt. Shasta, a high quality compass, and a Garmin GPS.   

My technical skills include: 

1. Self-Ascent out of a Crevasse 

2. Setting Protection 

3. Prepping the lip 

4. Setting up a hauling system 

5. Belaying a climber 

6. Moving on the rope with a running belay 

If you have any interest in teaming up please send a text to: (831) 345-9638.  My first name is Theo.  

Have you climbed Casaval Ridge?  I have a climbed it twice (solo) about 10 years ago and am considering it again this season.