Who wants to write some articles?

jon

I'm one of probably many here who read the mags, Climbing and Rock & Ice. My subscription to Climbing just ran out and I'm wondering if I want to renew it. Fact of the matter is they write about a lot of stuff that I will either never be able to climb because it is too hard or I'll never have the chance to visit. It's still cool to read from time to time but I'm getting sick of hearing about how so and so can climb V50 and spent a month trying to send 5.16, or how someone did something so fast and so scary that I wouldn't want to do even if it was in my skill set. Personally I think it's starting to taint our sport/hobby/pastime/etc. So...

I've received a few articles from a couple people (I'm really bad at managing my inbox so I'm not even how many), one of whom is Mr. Beck who has some cool skiing articles that are going to be posted shortly. There are obviously some people here who have been climbing for a long time and have stories to share about an adventure/misadventure, or a favorite route whether trade or obscure. I think it would be really cool for you to share you stories of your first ascents and long ambitous trips. I'd much rather read these stores by the ordinary weekend warrior of things that I might actually be able to do instead of things I won't.

So if you like this idea, respond to this thread to encourage those that have great stories to share. If you've got a story to write, send us an email and we'll put it up.

Jon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic