Trip Report Tool

tanstaafl

Are there any plans to bring back the old trip report tool, where you could sort by type of report (alpine/cragging/etc.), geographic location, user, etc.?  That was great and super useful. Right now all you can do in the trip report search is to insert a key word, so I'm having some issues drilling down to what I really want. 

Also in my most recent search, a number of the links that said they were for the route I wanted weren't even to trip reports, but to old threads in spray or the climber's board.  It was interesting, but not what I was looking for.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for bringing this up! The short answer is yes!

When we migrated the forum it was a lot of work and I didn't have a ton of confidence in getting that tool working quickly so I scaled it back. I wrote a script that converted the thread IDs between the two systems but it didn't work well in all cases so as you have noticed we have some orphaned TRs that will need to be fixed. I'm hoping to get a "report TR" system in place so for any TRs that either have a bad link or missing photos people can report that. Obviously with almost 9k TRs finding all are broken is going to be a chore, so hoping maybe we can organize a "community trash pickup day" or something.

Thinking a bit more long term I'd like to do the following:

1. Get the tool back to it's previous state. Hoping I can do that soon.

2. Develop a more map based system. I've been hacking away at the idea and have various components working. Not sure when I'll have this finished but it's definitely a/the major goal.