Bring it on, Winter!

cracked

Yep it is less brittle and *way* easier to climb in. boxing_smiley.gif I'd rather have some real ice and brittle conditions. I am able to adapt better. boxing_smiley.gif

Well, c'mon out then cavey! We have a pretty decent fest taking place up north next month. Is the ice that poor out there this season?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, wish I could wake up to that view. Instead, I woke up to frozen noze hairs and difficulty breathing while listening to my car putter. -18 this am!(no windchill) hellno3d.gif

Will, N.Georgia? How often does that happen?!?!?!

Btw...Erock, my favorite is listening to the snow crunch under your feet OR driving down an unplowed road (when the cars are cleared) and sliding all over the place. One of these days Im going to slide into a tree if Im not careful though.

Will that's sick I'm movin to Georgia, not. Anyway there's no such thing as winter down here in So Cal. It gets in the low 60's and people put are all decked in sweaters and shoes and socks and shit. I'm like damn I got to put my shirt back on now. Fuck this shit. I'm goin to Josh this weekend but I'd rather be crankin at Index or skiin the cascade concrete or some shit rather than listen to all these poser so cal bitches talk shit about sumthin stoopid. Regardless... bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Will, N.Georgia? How often does that happen?!?!?!

Actually, most years. You can see that it's pretty thin though. There are three or four reasonably reliable areas in N. GA, but two of them are small (like 40-70ft). Mt Yonah has some good 60m lines, but they get way slabby in the middle. Rabun Cliffs area (in the photo) has good stuff when it's in, and when it gets really, really cold Amicalola Falls comes in and it's multi-pitch.

The stuff on Whitesides in NC is pretty sweet, good multi-pitch. Check out Southeastern Ice for beta/conditions