[TR] Menagerie - Escaping the Rain 8/30/2005

corvallisclimb

Climb: Rooster Rock

Date of Climb: 8/30/2005

Trip Report: I had been planning to take someone on there first rock climb for a while, rooster rock as the objective. We both finally had a day to head out into the hills. Driving out it was pouring between Lebanon and Sweet Home... Not looking so good for a first trip on the rock. Drving further into the cascades things dried up a bit but the mist still loomed. We pulled up to the parking off FS 2027 at about 12:00pm, quickly hit the trial only the be drenched by all the water logged trees. Things where not looking very good for climbing. As luck would have it though, everything surounding was soaked except for the rock, wich tends to be the case but I didnt know when it had last rained. We quickly geared up and where both on top by about 1:30, a bit slippery at times it was nothing to worry about. My partner had requested a veiw on her first climb, wich was given to her, but only for about 5 minnutes. Soon enough we where caught in a full on down pour during the rappel. The hike out was spent even wetter than before, but both my partner and I agreed that it was quite the satisfying day. And I my self got to walk away with the special fact of knowing I had kicked the weathers ass once again. thumbs_up.gif

On a side note only one person had signed the register this entire season, no one other than Tom Bauman thumbs_up.gif(hardman). At least some one in the area is getting out there.

Edited by corvallisclimb

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic