[TR] The 1st Ever Yakima Pub Club

Climb: Bob's Keg & Cork

Date of Climb: 5/25/2004

Trip Report:

I arrived at work this Tuesday morning, after celebrating the 3rd anniversary of our blissful marriage the day before bigdrink.gifsmileysex5.gif and what did I find? A PM from Ducknut, requesting a meeting and proposing the first recorded Yakima PC. Ducknut was going to be in The Palm Springs of Washington for a business meeting, and wanted to meet up with yet another brethren of this board. Having met only a scant handful of cc.com’ers in the past, and living so far from the highest concentration of same, I replied in the affirmative.

Tackling pesky engineering problems all day, and tweaking scopes of work for future projects, left me thirsty by mid-afternoon. I was all atwitter with PC excitement when the phone call came at 3:30. Brad was done early, and was looking to hook up for cask-conditioned aleage immediately. Alas, I was far from able to depart the confines of the rectangle jungle at so early an hour, and I sorrowfully begged off the rendezvous. However, I provided Brad with explicit directions to allow him to locate Bob’s Keg & Cork, my favorite local watering hole, and wished him a fine trip back to the Portland environs after the imbibing of libations.

My judgment clouded by what was truly unimportant, and unable to focus clearly on the task at hand, it was a full ten minutes later when I left the office, informing the receptionists that I had a “personal errand” that needed attention. I motored swiftly in the direction of my favorite drinking establishment, and dutifully parked the gas-guzzling Exploder behind a Dodge of questionable reliability (more about this later). Just before turning the entrance into Bob’s, my plan well in hand as to how I would identify someone I had no idea of what the person looked like, I heard my name, as if in a chorus of angelic voices from on high, call to me. Stopping dead in my tracks and turning around, there was Brad, the Ducknut, fresh from concluding his occupational duties and quite thirsty.

There was to be a Yakima PC after all! After a few pints of Boundary Bay cask-conditioned ales (a Tightwad Tuesday special at Bob’s) and exchange of personal stories, some funny, some sad, it was time for Brad to hit the road. Brad indicated that I still had to get back to work, but that I probably wouldn’t accomplish much after our PC. He was right, so here I am, writing up the TR!

Outside the pub, we were bidding our adieus when the owner of the unreliable Dodge was attempting to put some gas into the tank without a funnel. Massive spillage ensued. He went off somewhere, we don’t know where, and his female friend lights up in the front seat! shocked.gif Brad informs me of this, and noting that I parked behind this bomb, I sauntered over to let her know that she was lighting the fuse of a possible IED. Being the proud owner of a gas-guzzling Exploder (c’mon – it’s only the 2-door version!), I really didn’t want to see it live up to its name. Shrugged off by the white trash SO of the beater Dodge owner, Brad and I departed before things blew up, he to points south, and I back to work.

Salute', Brad. I enjoyed it!

Gear Notes:

beer $$$

Approach Notes:

roadway bare and dry, no cops

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...