FS: Arcteryx, BD, Metolius, Sigma (lenses)

RafalA

Please PM, reply here or e-mail me rafal dot a at gmail dot com.

All items open to offers, we don't need or use this stuff anymore.

Arcteryx Fission LT, Men's sz. Medium, $120 obo

Windstopper shell, Primaloft Sport 133g/m insulation. Warm, light and compressible (as you can see from the wrinkles!). Pretty good shape, still repels water, etc.

arcteryx_fission_lt.jpg

Arcteryx Fission SL, Women's sz. Large, $400 obo SOLD

Windstopper shell, 2.7oz ThermaTek insulation. Super warm jacket, very rarely used, helmet compatible hood, dual zipper sliders for belaying. Excellent condition. Retail for $700ish

http://rafalandronowski.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/arcteryx_fission_sl.jpg

Acrteryx Theta AR, Women's sz. Medium, $200 obo SOLD

Gore-Tex XCR shell, a couple years old but in very good condition as it was rarely used.

http://rafalandronowski.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/arcteryx_theta_ar.jpg

BD Xenos, size Medium, $80 obo SOLD

In great shape, used for a few months last year. Six ice slipper slots, four gear loops, large haul loop, adjustable leg loops, snow-shedding materials. Great harness but I've got an Arcteryx now.

http://rafalandronowski.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/xenos.jpg

Metolius Porta-Cord, one size, $40 obo

Brand new (used once) backpack with built-in rope tarp. Tried it, decided it's not my style. Lots of room for rope, draws, shoes, water, etc.

metolius_portacord.jpg

Sigma 150mm f2.8 Macro for Canon EF mount, $500 obo

Stupid-sharp, accurate AF, excellent manual-focus ring. Some wear on the tripod ring and on the barrel, glass is pristine. Lens was recently in for service to replace the rear barrel. I haven't used this in years, so would rather have something more useful.

sigam150-1.jpg

Sigma 50mm f1.4 EX for Canon EF, $450 obo

Great lens, doesn't exhibit the focus issues often associated with this design. Sharp, accurate AF and great bokeh. In excellent shape, glass is pristine. Fabulous lens, I just don't use it much.

sigmalux-11.jpg

Edited by RafalA

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, did you use that equipment to take the pictures of the gear? Those pics look professional. What kind of camera did you use buy the way?

Haha, the only one that looks semi-professional to me is the one of the harness. Everything else was just a hack job!

The camera used for these is a Canon 5D (original) with either a 24mm f1.4L II or 17-40mm f4L. Additionally, the images of the lenses used three 580EX II flashes.

Edited by RafalA

VERY interested in the Black Fission SL and the Theta AR. Could you do $500 for both? Need to check on sizing with the wife tonight after work.

Thanks,

Ted

Hi Ted,

Yep, that sounds doable. Let me know if you have any questions about the sizing in detail. Both jackets fit my wife very well: we sized the Fission so she could wear it over everything (belay jacket style) while the Theta is sized to fit base and a fleece mid-layer.

Cheers,

Rafal

I'm thinking about the Fission for myself and the Theta for her. I'm slowly getting her squared away with gear, she's liking 14ers in CO more, so this will be a nice thing for her to have.

All the stuff I'm finding on the Fission is saying that it's unisex. I'm 5'7" and 175, think it would fit ok? If it's as burly as the reviews say, I don't think I'd need much more than a solid baselayer under it for most winter CO trips.

I'm thinking about the Fission for myself and the Theta for her. I'm slowly getting her squared away with gear, she's liking 14ers in CO more, so this will be a nice thing for her to have.

All the stuff I'm finding on the Fission is saying that it's unisex. I'm 5'7" and 175, think it would fit ok? If it's as burly as the reviews say, I don't think I'd need much more than a solid baselayer under it for most winter CO trips.

The new version of the Fission SL is unisex, this one is a couple years old back when they made a men's and women's version. I think I actually used it before I got my own version.

I'm 5'11" and 170 and it fits me quite well: the sleeves are a tad shorter than I'd like, but not enough so to expose my wrists when raising my arms (my span is 6'). The chest is also a bit tighter than I'd like for climbing (I am 40") and the waist is a bit roomier than I want (I am 33"). The hood is helmet compatible and insulated as well.

For warmth, it's hard to quantify, obviously. I tend to be warm so only ever use this kind of jacket around town or for belay duty. FWIW, for winter climbing I tend to use just a baselayer and softshell: I would overheat in this jacket for sure. Say, at -30C last winter I just had my Patagonia R1 Hoody + Gamma MX and was fine while moving. I'd just throw on something like this as a belay jacket or when standing still (I think I had my Fission SV that day, which I think has about the same insulation as this one.)

Hope this helps!

Sounds about perfect to me. We're pretty close chest and waist wise. I'm wanting a jacket like this for breaks and a camp jacket. My MH Subzero doesn't have a hood and was just too bulky on Mt Hood earlier this year.

I don't think the sizing is going to work for the Theta. She's closer to a large, especially for a piece that will go on over other stuff.

Could you still do $350 for the Fission? Also, since you're north of the border and I'm south of it, how would you want to work out payment?