• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
divestoclimb

Silverton access issues?

I'm looking to try getting on Silverton's Shackle, but it appears that the access situation in Silverton may have changed to get on the trail. My climbing partner was scouting it out and reports the end of the road is covered in no trespassing, residents only signs. I've heard from others that this did not use to be the case. Does anyone know specifics, especially a way to obtain permission?

Thanks.

I'd be interested in this too, the first time I went up there there were not any such signs. It's been one of the more reliable ice destinations some years.

i was up there a couple years ago, there are no tresspassing signs, and i wasnt able to get permission. i ended up going under the bridge and hiking up the river a bit and through the woods, linked up with the trail.