Eldorado peak East Ridge Route

Khartoum Wood

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so im looking to leave a day or two after Christmas i figure 4-5 it will take us as we will need to hike the cascade river road in i think its going to be very long around possibly 50 miles one way at this point im not sure if anyone would want to do this trip with me because its so long i didn't think it would be so far.

Assuming we don't get a huge amnt of low elevation snow you shouldn't have to walk that far on the cascade river road. It was open to Eldo last week, and if this week is as warm as they are predicting, it will melt any new snow off that fell today. You should call the rangers before you go, but my guess is you'd be able to get to the TH, or at least within a few miles.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so im looking to leave a day or two after Christmas i figure 4-5 it will take us as we will need to hike the cascade river road in i think its going to be very long around possibly 50 miles one way at this point im not sure if anyone would want to do this trip with me because its so long i didn't think it would be so far.

As of today, the road is gated at the Eldorado TH. It is icy, but quite drivable (there is some rockfall on the road at one point that can be bypassed). The route is in great shape.