• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
maw

"Tell my belayer I am off belay; my name is Wayne"

Wayne.

You were wearing a red Jacket, yellow helmet.

You were in Washington pass on Sunday, August 16th 2015.

You were climbing Labor Pains on North Early Winters Spire.

You told me: "Please tell my belayer that I am off belay; my name is Wayne".

I was climbing the Southwest Rib on South Early Winters Spire.

I was yelling at you to try harder.

I took a photo of you crushing the crux.

Enjoy.

IMG_1606_edit.jpg

p.s - unedited photo attached to this post.

5493.thumb.jpg.4d7387f567e7571178f4230a5db8d66c.jpg

I think you misheard wayne, I'm pretty sure he was saying, "Please tell my belayer i am gay" - the bromance must have reaching critical mass on that trip.

My belayer is quite up to speed on my preferences thank you very much. As for not trying hard enough? Does grunting really loud-ok screaming- make it seem like I am am punting? It was labor pains after all. Thanks for the picture, Wayne

... As for not trying hard enough? Does grunting really loud-ok screaming- make it seem like I am am punting? It was labor pains after all.

Wayne, don't hear me wrong! You were summoning the power of the battle cry which enabled a most awesome send. It was exciting to watch from the adjacent tower.

Full disclosure:

I guess you didn't hear me on the 10d variation of the Southwest Rib swearing, grunting and yelling my way through the fingercrack, undercling and final jams. :D

Good send, glad I could share the photo with you.