Sportiva Ice

Dane

Just to offer another opinion(again)...

The Sportiva S boot (not the Trango S) is more than stiff enough for a route like Chair, and I had no problems climbing WI 4+5 in it. It was very light and comfortable, and allowed me to use my feet in ways that a plastic or heavy leather boot couldn't. They aren't waterproof, but my feet (the inside) never got wet, and they dry quickly overnight.

The Trango series looks and feels sweet too, I'm sure they'd be great for Cascades mountanieering and any Ice climbing.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I e-mailed sportiva asking what was differnt in terms of warmth ect with the ice and extremes S. the web site even shows that the ibo termo is different and those who have handled the two boots say they don't feel the "foam insulation" in the extreme s. And one is all synthetic and one is partial leather. also I asked about the last and if they were the same as others had fitting issues. I e-mailed sportiva all these questions and got a very simple e-mail back: "They both have 100g of Aluminia insulation, thus being the same warmth. We are sold out in the Trango Ice right now until March. I do have some sizes available in the Trango Extreme S.

Randy Levensaler

Customer Service Representative

La Sportiva N.A., Inc."

confused.gif