Drytooling Snoho/seattle area

Kyro

So over the past few years I have been coming out to WA to climb over the summer and winters and the time has finally come that im done with school and moving to everett full time. Since it is winter and pure rock is kinda out of season im looking for some good dry tooling areas. I have been to issaquah and black ice and while fun are just not steep enough for true dry tooling. So is there anywhere else out there that im missing?? if not does anyone know of some good decently accessible overhangy areas that might be good? and if so is there any interest in putting up some good hard lines?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are really constrained to WA, then the two places you haven't gone yet which have steeper routes are the routes to the side of Pandome Falls up at Baker, and Rap Wall at Alpental.

That said, if you are stoked on mixed and not constrained by climbing in WA, I would head to Lillooet / Marble Canyon (closest), which now sports some really nice mixed lines, Banff (more sport oriented) or Hyalite (more trad oriented) over WA any day of the week.

Rap wall sounds interesting. Climbed the north face route on chair last winter and some routes on the tooth so must have walked right past it. Any beta on how to find the wall? Thanks for the suggestions keep em coming. Anyone know of any non gov protected caves?