Pole creek?

dorianlee

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now the TH is closed to the public until they get the Hazard trees until control. The road is lined with standing dead and will take sometime to get them down. They recently just had to fix the road as the rain event in early November combined with the burn blew out the road in numerous spots.

From what i heard they plan on opening the TH to the public late Spring depending on access due to snow.

For those of you familiar with the area it's pretty crazy up there. We've been up at the TH doing fence work the last few weeks and it burned quite hot. You can actually see N. Sister from the TH now, if that provides you with indication of how bad(good) it burned. Should be much easier to ski closer to the TH on the descent.

JL

Yes for now i'm pretty sure any restoration efforts are done. We finished the barrier fence replacing the burned up one around the lot/bathroom. Even 2 weeks ago we drove to the TH no problem, with maybe 2-4" on the ground. After yesterday's rain event i'm sure it's bare. Curious how the road fix's held with potential flooding again.

If i hear any news at all about opening to the public or winter access i will post it.

JL

thanks for all the excellent feedback jlag! This has been huge on my mind as to how things were going and what we'll find come next year--between honey-hole ponderosa camping spots (think most of them probably are kaput) to the ski path to the TH. Hoping one can come off the SE ridge and just veer north without so much tree-fiddlin traversing.