Ranier Early April

primary332

I am a medical student in Colorado, I am taking my first board exam March 30th, after which I have 2 weeks of before rotations start, after which I will really not have any time off for a year. I've really been wanting to climb Ranier, and this seems to be my only available time. I have yet to choose a route, I am looking for someone who would be interested in climbing with me. If anyone would like to discuss possible routes, discuss meeting up for the climb, that would be awesome. I am contemplating trying a ski decent, if that interests you. If you are interested, contact me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a killer idea, I am game for early April, especially a ski descent. Weather is obviously pretty fickle, but April should be a little more reliable. Keep in touch as it gets closer to the date, any specific ideas for dates, or will you do a short notice flight to catch a good weather window? daveschultz125@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Stoked that some people are interested. If you guys are serious I will contact you a little closer to the date.

ElectricEric- Snowboards are fine, as long as you don't call me brah. Would you be skinning in with a split board?

Dave Schultz- Unfortunately I have a fixed window. March 31st- April 14th. I have to be back at school on the 15th, no exceptions. I am thinking I will be there one way or the other, and if weather looks like it will work out, stay near the base of Rainier until a good window opens. If the weather looks like total crap and no chances of it happening, I will likely head over to Olympic and do some backpacking.

Have any of you guys been on Rainier before? This will be my first.

Edited by primary332