ACOPA

YocumRidge

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

What is this Yocum Ridge business? Nastia, is that you? Are you trying to replace your Specres? I saw a new pair of size 8 go on eBay recently for $40! That was right before your car got broken in to. I've been looking for a couple years now for a replacement pair in size 10. My old ones have been resoles over six time but now my toe is about to pop through the leather. :( If you want a replacement pair you can do what my g.f. did, call every (former) Acopa vendor listed on their website. She found some in 9.5 and 10.5 so finding a smaller (slightly more obscure size) might be easier. Good luck.

Chad

Hey Chad! Yep, it's me.

And that was you who got me hooked on Acopas a while back so now I cannot wear anything else since :) .

Unfortunately, I had missed that sweet Ebay deal on the Spectres, but instead I found a not so sweet deal on Amazon that has a variety of Acopa shoes in multiple sizes, so you might want to check it out. I got the Aztecs (that climb very similar to Spectres IMO) as an all around shoe in Mens s. 8 and the Chameleons (mens 8) for bouldering. Very happy as nothing else seem to fit my oddly shaped feet and I need my shoes wide and stiff :)

8259605767_f76cb0ca6a_c.jpg

BTW, I will be selling my Boreal Aces (UK mens 6.5) that fits US womens 7.0, 1 Ramuda resole with the C4, so if Amy is interested, please let me know.

Ah good. Those Chameleons should suite you well. From what I understand they are a velcro version of the Spectres. I've ordered (and subsequently returned) Auroras and Legends from Amazon.com. The Auroras were a little too basic for my taste and the Legends are made for a high volume foot. Too bad, sweet shoe. Now I'm rotating between LaSportiva Katana lace-ups, LaSportiva TC Pros and my old Spectres. I've got too many other shoes but they don't usually make it into the rotation unless something has to go to Ramuta.

We must have similar feet as my old Spectres fit me like nothing else has. I'll let yo know if I come across a pair in your size (8 men's right?).

best

C