Pub Club...Pub Club...Pub Club

Beck

Ain't it Tacoma's turn?

How about the Swiss again, because they liked us, the beer was reasonable and the easy access on and off the freeway made it a real crowd-pleaser. How about 7 PM? I'll be late but maybe our usual host Beck, or Eric, or maybe even MattP can be the official greeter.

If that's what be decided. I'll post the directions as before.

- "Dwayner"

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

B.S. Beck, to the contrary: WE COULD ALL USE A BEER. It doesn't have to be festive; it can be a form of consolation and solidarity. I'm going to be there, albeit a bit late.

Directions to the Pub are below my P.S.

P.S. Be wary of a lot of the rampant and often rash speculation that will appear, especially in the local news reporting. The only fact that we know now is that we don't know much, but that the talking news heads will keep talking.

Pub Club Directions in Tacoma:

"The Swiss", 1904 S. Yakima

Directions coming south on I-5

Take Tacoma City Center Exit, #133

This will take you on a little freeway veering right known as 705 N.

Get left and take the S. 21st Street exit.

Go through lights and cross Pacific. Go hill on 21st a couple or few blocks until Jefferson.

Make a right on Jefferson.

The Swiss is just about a block ahead on the left at the corner of Jefferson and 19th.

It's really easy to get back to I-5 for the return to Seattlewards. Down Jefferson, left on 21st S., and the big signs will point you in the right direction.

You kids comin' from parts south...I know you can figure it out!

[This message has been edited by Dwayner (edited 09-11-2001).]

They might have shut down the Emmy awards, but the cascadeclimbers pub-club raged on. Attendance was weak, to put it mildly, but it was probably the greatest concentration of alpine-superstars ever to assemble at that booth, in that place, at that time and on that day; surely a moment for the record books. As I glanced around the cavernous Swiss Tavern in Tacoma, uncharacteristically empty for a Tuesday night, I thought I noticed a couple of familiar faces? Could that be...Markey-Mark Wahlberg, star of Boogie Nights and the recently remade sci-fi epic Planet of the Apes? And who's that sitting next to him swapping witty quips and gestures? Was that none other than former front-man for the band Van Halen, David Lee Roth? And the saucy female leaning on David...no, it couldn't be...but maybe...star of stage and screen, Michelle Pfeiffer? On closer inspection, the truth proved better than the suspicion: Fast Eddie, Russ Chandler and Bivinà/Ehmmic were ready and eager to consume adult beverages and babble incessantly. Topics included: peaks, summits, ascents, mountains, and climbing and more importantly, serious talk about the news of the day. Meanwhile, Fast Eddie got up and returned to the table with a block of bread-crumb-infested melted cheese which he consumed himself while Ehmmic dined on delicately sautéed sliced potatos dipped into some sort of voodoo-sauce. Overall, it was a memorable evening and a few cold drinks were in order on a day of true sorrow. You should have been there, but maybe some other time on a happier occasion.

- faithfully reported by Dwayner.