Mount Pugh Saturday- to summit

grizzly1985

waking up early in mill creek by 164th

, meeting at the mill apartments.

looking to do Mount Pugh from top to bottom. leaving early in the morning on Saturday. Read up on it before responding, it is a no BS hike, scary and sketchy in places. some gear might be needed. I am taking crampons, Ice axe.

email me- nickyhola@gmail.com

going rain or shine. :D

Edited by grizzly1985

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might get more takers if you were going from the bottom up instead. :wave:

Seriously it is a great hike with some exposure and scrambling. I have done it with no snow in October and it was great but it could get sketchy with snow and ice. And it is long with lots of vertical so fitness is a key.

Edited by matt_warfield

It was Wonderful! did not mean to say top to bottom, wrote the message in 2 seconds. very windy on the top. had to take the top scrambling very slow and methodical. it was pretty tough, fitness was key. Looking for partners though, if i had to do it all over again I would have brought someone!

Grizz,

Top to bottom comment was just in jest. But it was funny.

I have done it twice, once alone, and once with my girlfriend. Sometimes alone is good because you are in your own world and can set your own pace but with the solo risk. On the other hand I did it with my girlfriend and we had sex on the summit stone to top off the experience. Live life large as you are doing.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It is one of the best hikes I have ever done.

Edited by matt_warfield