• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
CC888

Rainier - DC- Between Aug31-Sep2

Rainier - DC - contact soon.

Please send PM

Looking at weather, go for summit either Friday or Saturday night

Please respond if you have basic glacier experience and most of the gear needed. I have some extras to lend. Expect a moderate to sort-a-fast pace, not super fast wheels of fire though. Open to going all in one day or setting up a camp.

Edited by CC888

Hi CC,

I'm in Portland from the 29th (of Aug) through the 1st (of Sep, could stay till the 2nd if needed). Would you be interested in heading up DC sometime in that window? This will be my first time on Rainier (last visit to the Cascades I went up Hood and St Helens, a couple Winters ago).

Gokul

It looks like plans are coming together for this weekend, but you can always contact me Monday to get an update.

Good Luck

29th it is. It didn't work out with the other dudes for this weekend, so let me know soon if you are still down for the 29th.

Are these your only days. I have all next week open. Please let me know of you're interested. This will be my second summit this year.

Are these your only days. I have all next week open. Please let me know of you're interested. This will be my second summit this year.

as of now the forecast looks best on Saturday-Sunday.

Sat night winds at summit about 20 mph