Red Rock Development

Jason_Martin

Red Rock Canyon on the outskirts of Las Vegas is under attack.

Recently an English Developer bought the Gypsum Mine that is adjacent to the canyon. He plans to develop the area adding an 8400 home subdivision.

This is essentially across the street from the small town of Blue Diamond near Mt. Wilson. The visual polution and the traffic will be horrendous. Much of what makes Red Rock what it is will be lost.

To protest this, visit:

www.redrock.org

There are many lists of different politicans and their emails. They should be attacked from every front so that they understand the impact of what is going on to our community.

If you want to keep Red Rock Pristine, please take some time and write a few emails. The more all of us write, the more these guys will feel the heat.

Jason

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Eek!] Shit! It's bad enough that Vegas creeps like a mile closer to RR every year without having a friggin' subdivision out there.

Whoever was arguing with DFA in support of mining; well, this is what you get with those scumbags. Sure, you can't see the damage from the gypsum mine, but how about their little subdivision? Screw those bastards, and better yet, stop them!

I support Vegas moving closer. I don't like having to drive 10 or 15 minutes everynight to hit Tacos de Mexico or the $4 chinese buffett. Move them closer and I won't feel as bad about paying $10 a night to camp.

As for the historical town of Blue Diamond, screw them. Those inbred psychos need to move deeper into the hills and this will give them a reason [Wazzup]

I remember many nights sleeping under the quiet glow of the gypsum mine. Won't it be so much better under the glow of street lights, traffic, chaos [Mad][Mad]

I can't believe that they are doing this [Mad] Eventually the whole US is just going to be one big subdivision. Next they are going to buy el cap meadow and turn that into a subdivision. They will find some law that lets them get past the fact that it is a national park. [Mad]

When a friend and I were on the Rainbow wall, we reached Over the Rainbow Ledge after dark. Well, sort of . . . Despite the fact that the moon was nowhere to be seen, the lights of Las Vegas allowed climbing sans headlamp. [Eek!]

'course, once you got past the lack of a wilderness experience [rockband] and tossed down a bit of scotch [big Drink] , the view of the city was pretty cool . . . [Roll Eyes]

[ 08-30-2002, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Matt Anderson ]

Maybe you can move into the development and allow visiting climbers to stay at your place instead of paying monthly rent prices to camp in a place with no showers and constant dust and wind.

If you threw big enough parties you could drive out the 8399 other households on the block.

Honestly though, that does sound like its going to mess up the scene down there.