• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
pcg

passive pro at Smith

Think I saw you out at Farside on Sunday... good place to learn the art. Lowering not advised; top belay and rap much better for you and your rope...

Yep that was us. We were looking for a route to top rope while practicing setting gear and Adam’s Crack seemed to fit the bill – except that there was no anchor that we could access without climbing. The folks on the route before us were kind enough to pull up our rope on their last climb and pass it through the anchor at the top of White Lightning and then through a directional sling and biner at the small maple tree near the top of AC. Now that I know the route and am confident I can lead it I will set up a belay farther up at the fir tree and do as you suggest. Thanks for your advice. I welcome any I can find! Holler and say hi the next time you see us. BTW thanks to Jeff (Geoff?) and Jim! Jim is quite the unselfish individual – a real class act.

Wow – lots of good suggestions and advice. This is all very helpful. I’ve compiled everything and am trying to plan out a couple fun days so when we get to Smith we can spend more time climbing and less time wandering and bumbling around like the newbies we are.

Many thanks to everyone!