• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   12/08/21

Thanks for visiting Cascadeclimbers.com.   Yep, we are still going!    Just put a new coat of paint on the site. Still the same old community of climbers, skiers, and people who love to get outdoors. Hope you had a great 2021, and wish you the best for 2022 and beyond.  Thanks again for stopping by.
Sign in to follow this  
chris54

Mt. Thielsen ?

What would the snow pack be like around June 9. Thinking about taking a group of friends up and don't want to be camping on snow.

Thanks

This year it looks like there will be quite a bit of snow in June. Are you planning to bivy on the way in? If you are bivying for fun-cool, but I don't think it is very common on that route since it's one of the easiest mountains in the cascades to climb in a day.

Positives to snow-always a flat spot available with a little work-and NO mosquitoes, as they follow the snow line as it melts that time of year.

This will be an overnight trip. The guys I'm taking have never done any real climbing and want a good entry level climb. I want to camp at those tree line sites close to the PCT trail. Thanks for the info.

Snow is great because in addition to the bug protection you can keep beers and cheese cold in the snow. Plus you can camp anywhere, not just near a water source. June camping below snow line is an unpleasant experience, think amazon river-levels of bugs.