Looking for partners, new in the area

Al filo

I am from Spain, with 30 years of experience doing rock, ice, and expeditions (Alps Chamonix, Cogne, Pamir, Aconcagua....), I like clasic climbing, however I addapt to everyting...and now came to Washington state, leaving in Bellevue. Looking for long term partenrs to share same interest. I have only weekends free and from this one I want to start to explore around, and walking with my snowshoes, meantime I find partners for climbing, or for long alpine routes. If the weather is not good, I have my own movies from climbings in Alps and Spain to share and enjoy with friends...I do not know any place around, except Alpental, wehre I did mi first one. Anxious to meet people here....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Al filo,

I recently moved to Bellevue too and looking for partners too. I like mountaineering, alpine climbing, rock climbing and also pretty much open to everything outdoors. I usually upload pictures from my trips to my web-site: www.gorobets.com. Sorry, comments are in Russian yet. I have weekends free, except when I am doing downhill skiing with my family. It would be interesting to climb something together one day. If you have something in mind, E-Mail me or PM.

Alex

Al Filo (or anyone reading this),

I would really like to meet up with you sometime, since you are close to my home and have some great experiences that you could share with me. I'd love to hear about some of your ascents. I am from Kirkland and living in Portland now, but I am back in the Seattle area quite a bit. Since I am relatively new to hardcore mountaineering, I have been trying to meet up with experienced climbers who can share some pointers with a newbie and help take my climbing experience to the next level. I've had the pleasure of meeting some legends of the sport, but no one who is actively bagging peaks and looking to join up for some trips to altitude.

I know some great hikes for conditioning purposes that are just off of I-90. It seems that I am back in the Bellevue area almost every other weekend, so please let me know if you are interested.

I'm really trying to put together a climbing team for Rainier in late June if this interests you. Will be training on Adams, Hood, Jefferson, and St. Helens prior to that trip.

Thanks!

Edited by Heff

Heff,

For me it is a pleasure to share experience with anyone. I can go for ice climbing, ice falls, long winter climbs, rock climbing, a conditioning near home, or to enjoy a day walking through the mountains. All that I want is to meet people here, also I have climbing movies, done by me, from my activities in Alps, rock climbing, ice falls and expeditions, to enjoy with whichever like to see, in a rainy day.

If you want send me a PM and we will see.

As I say, I am looking forwar to meet here climbing partners to do similar activities I did before.

Rainier, If I can, I will not wait for summer, I would do as soon as I find a climbing partner for that, I like winter climbing.