XXXL climbing helmet? - need help

Fiona

Hello

I'm looking for climbing helmet at least 64cm, and 65cm will be perfect. Anyone can recommend one?

65cm - 25.6 inch - 8 1/8

I have been going through vendor websites, but the largest I found is 63cm. Have already been to REI, none of the 63cm helmets can fit my head :(

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a size 8 fitted hat, 64cm, 25 1/8".

I found the Black Diamond Tracer helmet to fit on nice and tight. That is what I wear, but its definitely near the maximum for me.

The Grivel Salamander helmet is supposed to only be 62cm, but I found that I could put it on. I decided not to get this helmet as it was pretty warm.

Although I have never tried it on and its hard to find, the HB helmet is supposed to be good for cranially gifted people:

http://www.climbing.com/print/equipment/hbd/

If you end up finding a great helmet that works, I would love to know if you find something else out there as well.

Good luck!

Grivel also makes a XL Salamander that should work.

One color..steel gray but adjustable from 58-66 is the claim.

I'm only a 61/7.5 and can easily do a regular Salamander with a hat and room to spare. I didn't find it too warm (didn't use it in summer though) but in comparison to a Meteor or Tracer it is heavy. Nice hard shell.

Can't come close to wearing a BD Tracer though. Long oval head shape. Meteor III just barely fits.

Thanks a lot!

I've tried Black Diamond Tracer helmet, probably due to the round shape of my head, it squeezes a little on me.

I'll give the XL Grivel Salamander a try.

Appreciate all your suggestions!

Edited by Fiona