• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
frankstoneline

Pacific coast rock

I've heard/searched up some stuff, headed out for a road trip soon, wondering if anyone has some suggestions for climbing near the PCH or on the beach/could suggest books or guides.

Thanks in advance.

I have a copy an old copy - the previous edition - of Bigfoot Country Climbing, a locally produced staple-back that covers the north California coast. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Chris and others,

Just got back from the trip. picked up a copy of the bigfoot country guide (for future reference in case someone searches get at me and i'll pass it on).

Poked around at moonstone beach a bit and tried a couple times to find crags in the hills inland from the coast though the guide proved pretty useless and i'm fairly certain at least one of the approach descriptions was quite a ways off. Next time I'll have to work a bit harder to find someone with some experience there.

I hear you - I spent a lot of time climbing around Arcata while my then-girl friend was doing a clinical rotation on the Hoopa reservation. We didn't have too much trouble finding the goods, but it was always further than we expected.

What I was surprised with was the cost for the guidebook. They wanted - and get - a lot of money for what was essentially a staple-back.

So if anyone would like a previous edition for less than retail, let me know.

I hear you - I spent a lot of time climbing around Arcata while my then-girl friend was doing a clinical rotation on the Hoopa reservation. We didn't have too much trouble finding the goods, but it was always further than we expected.

What I was surprised with was the cost for the guidebook. They wanted - and get - a lot of money for what was essentially a staple-back.

So if anyone would like a previous edition for less than retail, let me know.

The guide cost me almost as much as the new red rocks guide, which is gorgeous, as i said before, mine is up for grabs if anyone else is looking to head down to nor cal.

Cape Disappointment State Park

We camped here about 3 weeks ago. I was stunned to see huge rocks right in the camp ground. Some of the rock was questionable and some of it was bomber. Next time I will be taking my rock shoes. Very kid friendly.