Diamond Peak Area info

Teh Phuzzy

Headed up that way for some good views and see if I can get up Yoran this time; since it shouldn't be raining...

I am curious about the snow on Diamond, levels and such. I was on MSH last weekend and if it was like that, there is not need to trek the 'pons in since it was really soft.

Thanks for any info!

~Adam

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out there last week, half a mile or so up vivian lake TH the snow started. Snow was well consolidated but soft, perfect boots snow. Plenty of melt pools and such, skeeters were very numerous and large, bring XXX bug dope and maybe a face net. Expect to be mobbed from the TH up.

Edited by JoeR

Spent 7/4 weekend up there. Early morning of the 4th we needed crampons, afternoon of the 3rd we did not. If I was going back again to get non-slushy runs, I'd take the crampons. I was in Oakridge last week and it looks like the northwest bowl is still in but the ridges are largely bare.

THE MOSQUITOES ARE HORRENDOUS!!!!!

Still need to post the TR from 7/4, but here's mine from two weeks earlier: Diamond Peak TR 6/2011