PNW Weekend Suggestions: Ski, Hike, or Climb?

rw2157

I am going to be in the Seattle area solo on Friday-Sunday, and I am looking for something to do.

I have thought about heading to index, wa for a weekend of rock climbing, but I don't have a partner at the moment. Lead up to 5.11 if anyone is interested.

I have considered going on a longish, lightweight backpacking trip (~40 miles?), but I haven't found anything that isn't completely snow covered. Recommendations (I can deal with a little bit of snow).

I have considered doing some ski touring (overnight), but I don't have a good sense for what is in shape this time of year, and I am reluctant to take my ski gear all the way from the east coast.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an adventurous weekend in the PNW? I am open to Rainier area, Olympics, or North Cascades.

I have a fair amount of climbing experience, and it would be cool to do a long 3rd class/4th class scramble (maybe by ski approach, but maybe not)... but I am also up for a long coastal overnight as well.

Thoughts? I am leaving at 7pm EST and need to figure out what to pack!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic