• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
xhen

Climbing Partners this season

Looking for mainly mountaineering/some alpine partners this season, but really game for anything. Located in Seattle area

Am a n00b, really. Been on a few climbs, all resulted in turning around due to weather/snow conditions. Have all gear, and read all requisite reading. Worked on basic skills (Arrests, z-pulley, prusik, etc) on the ground. Spent a ton of time outdoors, but have no glacier experience (The Palmer on Hood doesn't count, really). Interested in anything, volcano or not! Have a small sedan, willing to drive, buy gas/beer. Job is very flexible May through mid-August.

As for any alpine, I'm a middling climber. Just started leading late last year. Since weather has started to cooperate, sport has been up to 5.8. Did my first few trad leads a few weekends ago, 5.6. Don't own a rack (draws/alpine draws, yes). 5.10- climber, pretty much all around. Willing to do anything though.

Looking to learn. PM me! Thanks

Edited by xhen

I'm game as long as it's in the next couple of weeks, then I'm moving to Colorado. I would love to get a couple few more good climbs in. I'm done with work until the move, so I'm available anytime the weather cooperates. Let me know what your schedule and ambitions (mountaineering) are!