Mio Heat Rate Watch Review?

denalidave

Just wondering if anyone has used the Mio brand heart rate monitor watches. Costco has one online for $53.99... Mio Triumph Strapless Heart Rate Watch

Any other advice on picking one up would be appreciated. I know I can dig up an old thread on the subject, but I'd rather find out what the latest, greatest ones are. I mainly want to use it for aerobic training.

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would pass on that one. In my experience the heart rate watches without a chest strap aren't accurate or reliable. Go with a Polar, Timax, Garmin, Suunto or similar. The chest strap measures the actual electrical impulses from your heart and gives you realtime numbers. The one you've got listed doesn't do this. You have to hit a button for it to spot check your pulse. You can get the above listed starting around $70 I believe.

I'll have to concur wholheartedly with duckfeet on his analysis of heart rate monitors without chest straps. Accuracy will suffer significantly. Quite likely it's not worth the money for a unit without said chest strap.

I've had excellent luck with the two Timex models I've had over the last 12 years or so used nearly 6 days every week.