Red C4 vs Green MasterCam?

robpatterson5

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I climb a fair bit of limestone and like the holding power, also occasionally there are narrow pockets where something narrow sometimes fits better - I agree though, C4s form red on up are pretty awesome. Just wondering if the 1in MasterCam has any advantages, besides the smaller ones (incl black) are really truck!

I can think of specific placements where the narrower head width on the black master cam (or orange alien when my fiance lets me borrow it) are an advantage over the .75 Camelot (pockets like the ones early on left ski track at jtree) and I routinely carry both when carrying doubles in that size but I haven't felt the same need in any of the larger sizes.

Well I climb a fair bit of limestone and like the holding power, also occasionally there are narrow pockets where something narrow sometimes fits better - I agree though, C4s form red on up are pretty awesome. Just wondering if the 1in MasterCam has any advantages, besides the smaller ones (incl black) are really truck!

Limestone Eh? Totem Cam baby. I know some don't like them but they were pretty much MADE by guys who climb limestone. They now ship from OR via UPS so no month long wait anymore. I like them. The Largest Red one is nearly the same size as the Red C4 and has a more narrow head width.

Totem Cams

5_10.jpg

Edited by matt_m