Bozeman Ice Conditions

jpark42

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here in MT with my wife doing some cross country skiing ; not climbing. Two days ago, for a hike with the dog we went up to Cleo's, was in great shape. Looking across the canyon from that vantage, things looked fine.

Go have a look close up for us, and post a report. I'm sure all the usual suspects are in and as of a couple weeks ago the Scepter was in 4 condition, and the Matrix is all ice in fat conditions. :)

I was up in the Mummy II/Matrix/Cave+Gully/Feeding the Cat area on Saturday and didn't see another soul until we got back to Fat Chance. Everything was hanging in there just fine. There was evidence of a little warming last week but no significant changes really. Be prepared for a slog to anything off the beaten path--was not expecting waste deep powder after turning off toward the Matrix (hardly off the beaten path of course). Lots of new snow and heavy wind on top of that last warm-up has stuff drifted in pretty well and avy conditions could be better. Heard a couple slides rip through early Saturday.