Freash Banks Lake Pics

iamgr8er

I had never been to Banks so I drove over yesterday; chains or AWD required going over snoqualmie and a Hour wait for av clearing on the way back.

Conditions were bad in banks. 40 deg at mid day. If a rought saw any sun it was all but gone. If it had hangind ice it was falling off. There were some solid smears that were holding on. I can't really recomend heading over right know, wait for better conditions.

The Cable: Not in.

PC091722.JPG

The Absentminded Professor: not even close.

PC091720.JPG

Devil's punch bowl and thing to the left: currently a turkey shoot (the climbers being the turkeys). We looked at it for about 30 mins and stuff was pealing off like crazy. Ice, Rocks; a death trape for sure.

PC091728.JPG

Pee Wee's had at least one solid route in, while others were falling apart at mid day.We TR the far right climb. I think it's a wi5. We used a 70m, Seemed like a full pitch, a 60m might work, could be a lttle short for a TR form above tree/anchor. A 60 would be plently long if v-threading. I'd wait for better conditions to V-thread, thats just me.

PC091741.JPG

PC091737.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cody this is not. However, the ice was actually not too bad today, 12/11. Kyle Flick and I climbed Punch Bowl, then took a lap on Phase Transition(?). All took good screws, and most of the hangfire had long cut loose before we were there. And we had the added pleasure of seeing CC.com's newlyweds, Doug and Veronica, in marital bliss doing their own lap on Phase and Punchbowl.

Some local doing some, IF5 R-rated. Crazy!

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_07312.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_07491.JPG

Edited by telemarker