Madrone Wall

stevetimetravlr

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone make it out to the trail buildings? I was scheduled for the first two (those got cancelled due to some fucking falcons *pun intended*), but didn't make to the one that actually happened because I was on a Phishing trip.

I know that they weren't planning on opening till this spring, but with the spring falcon nesting I doubt we'll see it "open" anytime soon.

The birds aren't up there now...

2 out of the 3 work parties occurred. Only the first one, in May, was cancelled. The ones in June and September had a good turnout. I attended the June one.

There are no other trailbuilding activities scheduled for 2010, that I'm aware of.

I don't know the latest plans for scheduled opening, but I know it wasn't going to be this year. Next year at best, but probably not.

If I remember right, they plans to move forward with making it a county park are approved, but they need funding to build the parking lot, etc. before it will be open.

Based on the birds of prey discoveries this spring, I'd bet that they'll be cautious about scheduling any work out there for next year until they know what's going on with that.