Missoula Rock Garden Closed - WHY?

ARob

I am planning my trip through Montana on my way to Bozeman and wanted to stop and say hey to the folks at Missoula Rock Gardens. I used to live in there in Zoo Town and climbed at the Rock Gardens and when I looked up their phone number online I saw that they have closed. I was wondering if anyone knew anything like if they were moving or if there's another gym opening or anything like that. It was a sweet gym with some tall walls.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The garden has been closed for a few years now. There isn't any other gym in town except for the university, but sadly its only for student use. No other plans to open another gym in town. There's been talk of getting some artificial boulders similar to Bozeman, but the project can't get the funding. A friend with a good home woody is your best bet.

Thanks duck. I moved out to Portland in 2007 and have only been back a couple times. I couldn't believe that Pipestone was closing last time I rolled through town. I went and checked out their 'closing sale' and I felt like a fly picking on a carcass. That once was such an awesome shop, even the cool kids over at the Trailhead were bummed. But it makes sense really. There aren't too many climbers in Missoula outside of the college kids, so it's gotta be tough running a gym. Anyways, thanks for the info, I hope the weather isn't turning too bitter out there.

Go Griz!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...