[TR] Middle Sister - South Ridge - North Ridge 9/5/2010

Holk

Trip: Middle Sister - South Ridge - North Ridge

Date: 9/5/2010

Trip Report:

My brother, Isaac, and I went climbing this weekend with no agenda. Three Sisters was our destination and after a leisurely camp along the Green Lakes trail Saturday we awoke and went for Chambers Lake.

From here we worked our way up the Middle Sister's south ridge which was easy enough to go up, but would've been a knee jerker coming down. Our destination was up and over the summit to Prouty Point.

From here we went down the Hayden Glacier, veered cross country toward the rock pile where the Chambers Trail crosses the creek and slogged our way back to the Pole Creek TH. Later Three Creeks treated us to multiple IPAs.

middlesister-46.jpg

middlesister-54.jpg

middlesister-87.jpg

middlesister-94.jpg

middlesister-103.jpg

middlesister-112.jpg

middlesister-121.jpg

middlesister-125.jpg

middlesister-172.jpg

Gear Notes:

1 Axe (didn't use), Crampons (used but not necessary), 10 Essentials

Approach Notes:

The trail leading to the mountain was a lot more gradual than anticipated and water sources were found continually up to 9,000ft.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More of a lunch break spot, but you are right about it's potential. If one were to break up the Three Sisters traverse into two days this would be the perfect place to stop.

When looking at the photo below the one of my brother lounging the spot is seen on the left-center, between where the two tree lined ridges come to an end. A surprisingly sheltered site.