Trip--Any Comments/Suggestions?

steelfrog

OK. First, thank you all for your patience. I think we have a plan, and I wanted to see what you all think. Idea was to visit Washington (for the first time), have some hiking and fishing opportunities. So, here's our itinerary:

Thu September 9

We get into SEATAC and meet our friend at Ft. Lewis if possible; see if they'll let us blow something up or shoot a SAW. To get an early start, we drive toward Marblemount and stay somewhere. I will have a bear canister.

Fri Sept 10

Go to Marblemount Ranger station early to pick up the free backcountry permit for the Ross Lake area for the following day and/or that night. There are numerous campgrounds around the Desolation Peak area, including one that is on Cat Island. I have a topo map of all these areas. After picking up our backcountry permit, we head to the Cascade Pass trailhead and hike Cascade Pass/Sahale Arm. 12 miles RT and a bunch of gain. Since it's after Labor Day and it's a school day, hopefully it should not be crowded. That night we stay in a campground somewhere--either around Marblemount or go ahead and go to Ross Lake--that way we could fish that evening.

Sat Sept 11

Head to parking lot at Milepost 134 on Highway 20; park; hike 1 mile to Ross Lake where we meet the water taxi from Ross Lake Resort. At RLR we get our motorboat and head 12 miles north on the lake to the campground. Fish or do whatever. We could hike Desolation Peak if so inclined

Sun Sept 12

Fish; motor out

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic