• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
ncascadesranger

summit register on Storm King?

Regarding a search underway on Storm King in NCNP I am interested to know if anyone who climbed Storm King recently - this or last summer, say - could report whether a summit register was seen?

Thanks for any info,

Kelly Bush

NCNP

There was a register on Storm King in the summer of 2008. I am not sure on 2009 or 2010. But if I was a betting man, I'd say there's a 98% chance there is still one up there as I type this. The peak isn't climbed all that often and the most likely to do so are Top 100 climbers, and they generally aren't the type to remove registers.

Edited to let the record correctly reflect that indeed there is a register up there, according to my pardner.

Edited by lunger

Body of boxing promoter's son found on Wash. peak

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012813942_apwaboxarummissingson3rdldwritethru.html

"After a five-day search, the body of 49-year-old John Arum, a highly respected Seattle environmental attorney and outdoor enthusiast, was spotted Friday afternoon from a National Park Service helicopter at about the 7,700-foot level on the north face of 8,500-foot Storm King Mountain."