• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
jake5

Current Conditions on Mt. Adams?

My partner and I are planning on climbing Adams this weekend. Has anyone been up recently and can give a good description of conditions? Snow conditions? Exposed rock and where?

thanks in advance,

Jake

I was up a week and a half ago and it was pretty straight forward. Crampons are nice above the lunch counter but my wife did fine w out. I'd guess it has melted out a lot over the past ten days, so there may be a lot more exposed rock now though... Have fun. Let us know how it goes. The glissading chute from the summit was more like a bobsled run, over 4 ft deep in many places.

Prepare for cold and snow. May want to reschedule? Weather system 8K snow level predicted by Saturday am.

Just heard on the news that there is currently a body recovery operation taking place on Adams. Yikes. No more info than that.

Trip was great. Cold and windy at the top but we made it no problem. Sun was shining the whole time.

Uhg. We got a little freezing rain and snow at the lunch counter. Thumbs down for weather, thumbs up for good people and a good time. Think we scared a new guy a bit.