Flying Pig Moment - Barnie on FNMA...

JayB

Woah!

"Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should be abolished, Rep. Barney Frank, chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, said Tuesday when asked whether the mortgage giants should play a role in housing market reforms.

"I think they should be abolished," Frank told Fox Business Network's Neil Cavuto in an evening interview."

But wait - there's more...

"There are people in this society who for economic and frankly social reasons can't and shouldn't be homeowners," he said. "I do want some government help to build affordable rental housing. Working in a bipartisan way the house and the senate just passed legislation to strengthen the FHA's ability to say no to people who shouldn't be getting mortgages and to say yes to people who should."

:moondance:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"There are people in this society who for economic and frankly social reasons can't and shouldn't be homeowners," he said. "I do want some government help to build affordable rental housing. Working in a bipartisan way the house and the senate just passed legislation to strengthen the FHA's ability to say no to people who shouldn't be getting mortgages and to say yes to people who should."

This would be a good time to re-post that Century 21 ad of yours. Or was it Wells Fargo?

Edited by prole

This would be a good time to re-post that Century 21 ad of yours. Or was it Wells Fargo?

Not sure if this is the one that you're thinking of, but it's my personal favorite:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubsd-tWYmZw

"Suzanne researched this" is actually superior to all of the arguments I've ever heard that attempt to construct an intellectual or moral defense of this country's 70 odd years of using public money to subsidize private home ownership.