Any climbing groups for Rainier Aug. 12-14

Adam Watts

I'm looking for a climbing group to join to climb Rainier. I have August 12th, 13th, and 14th off. I don't have much crevasse skills but am an extremely competent at other mountaineering skills (crampons, self arrest, navigation, etc...). Hell I would be even willing to simply go out and practice and lean glacier crevasse rescue techniques.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello here's Seb from France, I will land in Seattle the 16th (evening).

I'm 35 and I've been climbing like 50 summit worlwide=I'm experienced

I live in the Alps and climb a lot=I'm in good shape!

That would be great to find some blokes to reach the top of Rainer, knowing that I'll bring all my mountain gear, of course.

may I join with you?

thanxs

Good afternoon (here's it's evening already), I'm back from climbing, my last summit in France for the season.

Thanxs for answering so fast.

So I'll go back to France the 18th of October, meaning that I'll be around for 2 months.

My aim are the Cascades mountains from North CA to Garibaldi nat. park in British Colombia. And if times allows it, in october, maybe going for a while to SLC/Utah and walk around (I'm no city guy).

Where do you live exactly?

It seems that what happened in WA/OR is exactly what happened in the northern french alps=lot of snow left for the season, which is good for the bloody crevasses! Even though I know how to go out a crevasse myself (d.i.y.), which is much more easier than taking someone out of one.... But for Rainer I guess it's like Mt Blanc here, you've lot of people around which can help with their strenght.

If you want to see of few pictures of 'our' mountains here look at my personal page

http://www.camptocamp.org/users/183887/en

the MONT BLANC section has good pictures, I climbed it alone...

Ok that's it, you can also reach me here: xwgfx a yahoo.fr

I'll be able to check my email until early sunday so i hope we can sort this off and tahnxs again

I live 15 minutes away from Seattle, Washington. If you are here for 2 months I can request a few days off from work so we can climb one of the tall cascade volcanoes. Your pictures of Mont Blanc are impressive! My email is adamcwatts@gmail.com

Your email is "xwgfx@yahoo.fr" ?

Ok

Like climbing the highest one! If i'm not mistaken Rainer is a volcanoe and I read somewhere that it's still a bit active with some smokes near the summit. Lot of volcanoes in France but they're all totally dead.

Yep this is my email

By the way if the weather is ok next week you're still ok for Rainer? I've been told that the situation is the same in the Pacific N.W than in the northern french alps=lot of snow left this august. Good for the crevasses.