Snowboarder help needed!

rmncwrtr

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what snowboarders call it when you mess up a jump and end up face planting?

I found the word "biff" on one website with snowboarding vocabulary, but not sure if that's the correct term to use or not?

And just another day or two of questions left. I'm almost finished with the story :)

I have read some blogs, Trog, but am running out of time. Very fast turnaround for my story. Plus this is my water cooler time ;) More fun getting input from live people, well virtual avatars, but you get the idea.

Okay dudes, which should I use for my hero talking about the fresh powder:

1) powder

2) pow

3) pow pow

I've seen all three used. But which would he most likely use.

For a freestyle board, light and snappy are generally good traits.

Champagne describes the fluffiest new snow. If it snowed a lot over night it might be a big dump. If it's snowing really hard it's puking or dumping. You might go grab some freshies if there's a stash of deep snow you're hitting up.

You might get some face shots in good spots but for serious deep snow you find yourself in the white room. The white room is great in an open bowl but can be a little scary in the trees.

Yaah bra, fah sho, totally say "nuked" if you wanna mean "burned".

Gettin' nuked means you got ragdolled, tossed, tomahawked, stuffed, whatevs, it all means "burned". But then again you could just say "shitsmacked".

Gettin' all up in dat knar!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all your help guys! :kisss: The story is live here at eharlequin if you want to see how this thread helped. Though I'll warn you, it's a romance and there are only snowboarding scenes in a couple chapters. However chapter one is one of them. A few things (lingo, etc) had to get changed in the copyediting stage. Also I had know idea Olympics was a brand you can't use or they'll sue you! Anyway I hope I didn't get snowboarding too wrong!

Melissa